via Papua New Guinea
Below you will find a copy of the 30th Anniversary polymer 20 Kina note.
2007 K20 Polymer Bank Notes Series
1. Complex Clear Window - Complex clear window incorporating a vignette of the Bank of Papua New Guinea logo.
2. Shadow Image - Shadow image of the Bank of Papua New Guinea logo, which is visible when raised to the light.
3. G-Switch - "Feature G-Switch" is a dynamic optical feature that changes colour when the banknote is tilted under a light source.
4. Emboss - The numeral ‘20’ is embossed in the secondary clear window.
5. Offset - Complex background security patterns in multiple rainbow print.
6. Intaglio - Multi-colour raised keyline printing of main design elements on the front and back of the banknote.
7. Iridescent Feature - Bird of Paradise in full flight on the back provides a colour change when the banknote is tilted.
8. Serial Number - Black serial number fluoresces yellow/green under ultra violet light.
9. Signatures - Black signatures of the Governor and the Secretary, Department of Treasury fluoresce yellow/green under ultra violet light.
In 2015, to celebrate 40 years of Independence, the Bank of PNG released a new K20 note. The banknote was resized as part of the banknote reform process undertaken by the Bank to standardize the size of Papua New Guinea banknotes. All other features of the banknote, such as the colour and all the design elements of the existing new series banknote, remain the same. However, the K20 banknote incorporates a special overprint of the 40th Anniversary of Papua New Guinea’s Independence and the National Bird of Paradise image above the Parliament House.